With the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we know the scarcity of hand sanitizers. Whenever there is a restock, it flies off the shelves within a short period. So if you are like us, always missing the restock period or stocks not coming in from your online suppliers, then making one will be a lot easier than waiting for one.
So, what we did was to research our ingredients online, and we realised there were just too many sites giving recipes that involve a tad too many ingredients. We decided to give it a try using our own DIY method with the key ingredients to simplify things. It’s really simple!
1. Isopropyl alcohol (or rubbing alcohol) 70% and above
- Although we know alcohol kills bacteria and stops viruses, we want to watch the % level of the alcohol. Reason being, it can be quite harsh for the skin, causing dry skin. S
2. Aloe Vera Gel
3. Essential oil in your choice of fragrance
4. Optional: Vitamin E oil
- for the additional moisturising effect
What you will need:
- A bowl and spoon
- An empty container (you can even design your own label!)
- A cloth to clean any spillage
Let’s get started!
Step 1: Add 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel into your bowl
Step 2: Add ½ teaspoon of rubbing alcohol
Step 3: Add 8 drops of essential oil
Step 4: Add 2 drops of Vit E oil
Step 5: Mix and stir well
Step 6: Use a funnel and pour it inside your container
We hope you enjoy your DIY sesh :)