2020 literally wasted a year off us, we bet that list of resolutions you planned out at the start of the year went down the drain without us knowing it. Although we know the start of 2021 would feel almost exactly the same as how 2020 ended it for us, having a list of resolutions will keep us hopeful (at least) for the new year ahead. So, here’s to strange new beginnings, and a list of 10 fun resolutions that we can try.
1. Go on a pescatarian diet
They are sometimes called pesco-vegetarians. If being a vegan isn’t your thing, but you hate eating meat, at the same time can’t leave without a fish diet, pescatarian is it. Apart from fish, the pescatarian diet consists mainly of plant foods.
2. Buy all leftover 2020 calendars and burn them
We know how much we all hate the sound of 2020
3. Pick a workout outfit that you really like
If you are not one who exercises, pick a workout outfit that’s really pretty that you like, wear it and let the outfit motivate you.
4. Turn off your phone one night a week
Try it when you have to wfh on that day. If anyone asks, say you are sleeping.
5. Travel to somewhere you haven’t been to… in Singapore
Why bother planning any trip for the future when it’s so uncertain?
6. Start investing, even if it’s 1% of the amount you are getting every month
You know what they say, a penny saved is a penny earned.
7. Try a new restaurant every week
Be adventurous, it’s possible even when you are stuck in Singapore.
8. Buy drinks that don’t come with plastic packaging
It’s polluting our oceans, killing our earth, and animals are dying from them! The next time you are at a supermarket, pick a drink that isn’t packed in a plastic packaging.
9. Buy a happy plant
It might help reduce your stress and improve your productivity, keeping you sane when you work from home.
10. Do something that scares you
You can do this. Here’s a hug for bravery.